Our purpose is to empower good businesses with data-driven insight. Our financial analytics technology, Empower, is used by finance teams to transform manual planning, analysis and reporting processes, with automation and intelligence, improving insight and efficiency. It is highly valued by our blue-chip customer base who regularly publicly advocate our solutions, whether that is at our own Tomorrow's CFO seminars or the Davos World Economic Forum.
We have a talented team of 60 people, with offices in London and New York and we are committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and a strong company culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and a values driven business.
Over the last five years we have achieved 15% year on year growth in the UK and 30% in the US, to +£6m in revenues, while launching tier one partnerships with EY in the US and Avant Corporation in Japan. We have just raised £3.5m of investment to accelerate our cloud roadmap, launch our Empower community and expand our sales and marketing activities, with the goal of achieving +£20m in revenues by 2025.
About the Product team
As a Product Team our job is to deeply understand our market, competitors, customers and users, build empathy for market problems and underserved needs, and anticipate the products and capabilities that will make a difference, and leveraging the latest innovations in technology, create and deliver solutions to the market.
We’re responsible for the “what” and the “why”. We define the product direction, strategy, and roadmap. We work as one with other disciplines, inspiring and leading our team from idea right through to launch.
Collaborative problem solvers we need you! This is an extremely exciting time to get involved with a high growth Enterprise SAAS company with the ambitious goal of disrupting an industry, and improving the lives of business leaders all over the world with actionable insights, more accurate forecasts and aligned plans to deliver outstanding performance and drive impact.
We are looking for a Principle Product Manager with an entrepreneurial mindset and the imagination and craft to help create revolutionary products & experiences for our users. You will join a newly formed Product team working with other individuals who deeply care about the business domain and the customer problems they are trying to solve for.
The role spans the entire breadth of product lifecycle, including:
- Market research
- Gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements
- Defining the product vision
- Working closely with engineering to deliver winning products
- Working with sales, marketing and customer success to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals and development.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and seek unique problems that no one else is solving, keep reading.
- Set a bold product vision and strategy for how we continue to support our customers and
- Inspire your team and others to execute and deliver this vision to customers
- Lead, guide and shape Product discovery, design, research, and data synthesis to identify critical product insights and develop hypotheses to design effective solutions.
- Deeply understand the customer and market needs through extensive market research – including customer & user research to understand buyer & user needs
- Turn global customer and market data into actionable insights that inform strategy and roadmap priorities, and then connecting that down to sprint priorities & requirements.
- Drive value to customers by leading & inspiring cross-functional R&D teams to deliver high-impact experiences quickly
- Demonstrate technical depth in software principles and organization; i.e. able to speak to the approach for implementing cross-product solutions, strong communication skills with engineering and design teams
- Lead, create and launch market-leading product offerings in partnership with sales, marketing, engineering, user experience and support
- Strong communication & presentation skills Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
As Government restrictions are relaxed and life after Covid is gradually returning to normal, we are embracing a hybrid working outlook that gives us the opportunity to work remotely 2 or 3 days a week as well as from the office. This offers a work life balance and flexibility that is valued by our employees, as well as providing a space where we can connect and collaborate.
Support and key relationships
The role reports directly into the CPO. You will liaise with management across the organisation, including the executive directors and key stakeholders:
- Technology – work with the CTO to define product strategy & priorities and ensure we are solving market problems and prioritising with an outside-in mentality.
- Customer Success – work with our customers to (a) run research and gather data to inform product priorities & decisions and (b) act as Product Sponsor with key customers sharing roadmaps, understanding their needs deeply, ensure successful adoption and utilisation, and help drive growth and upsell
- Sales & Marketing – input into the creation of compelling positioning and messaging that shows how we address underserved market problems and help deliver value to customers.
Skills & experience
To be successful in this position you will have/be:
- Significant experience designing and delivering world-class products in a Product Management role
- A proven track record of setting product vision and translating it into a product roadmap and end-to-end execution
- Passionate about solving customer problems (the big ones and the small ones)
- Strong communication skills with engineering, business, design, and executive stakeholders
- Ability to develop and defend strong points of view with data and analytics
- Experience coaching and growing other product managers
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- A strong grasp of effective Product processes – e.g. Lean Product, Product-Led growth, User Centred Design etc. You’ll be comfortable installing new processes to organise and structure, just as comfortable challenging them and reshaping to improve them
- Storytelling and communication. You’re able to translate complex systems and frameworks into concepts that are easy to understand for a variety of audiences
Benefits & package
We offer a comprehensive package including:
- Highly competitive entry level salary
- Performance related bonus
- 27 days holiday per annum
- Pension, private medical, life insurance & group income protection
- A tailored personal development and training programme
- Excellent maternity and paternity leave benefits